Monday, January 16, 2012

My Surgery Friday the 13th


I had surgery on my hand Friday the 13th (I know scary right?). It all started when I went to see Dr. Williams at Orthopedic Associates back in December to drain what I thought was a cyst. Turns out, I had a tumor. TUMOR is such a scary word. When I went in for surgery I had my tumor removed and Dr. Williams said there was no reason to send it for testing because he was 99% sure it was not cancer!


Here are a couple photos from my weekend...


This is me after my surgery was complete. Needless to say I was a tad loopy ;)


This is how I spend my weekend, just me, my ice bag, and of course
the best nurse ever, Cole :)


If you knew me, you would know I never miss a party. The next night I went out with my boyfriend to see a friend's band play. We had so much fun! Of course, no glass of wine of because I was on pain killers ;)



It has been 3 days since surgery and I am still very sore and on pain killers. I went to the doctor today for a follow up appointment and for the doctor to change my bandages. The picture below is of my finger...I have 40 stitches (sorry if the picture grosses you out - just be glad I did not post the picture of the tumor during surgery).


I am going to have a pretty cool scar.

No comments:

Post a Comment